I was reading this book about this woman's search for herself. In the middle of her journey, she found herself asking, "What am I really like? What do people think I am?" I looked up from my reading and found myself asking the same questions. So let's see...
People agree I'm cute. Well, actually I MAKE them agree. I'd ambush family and friends with my question, "Ang cute ko noh?". They'd give me this dumbfounded, wide-eyed look and they'd reply, "HA?". I'd take that as a “yes” anytime of the day!
Members from my church orgs tell me I've guided them well. I've been called a cool leader....well, "ma-cool-it" na leader that is. I'd have to agree with them... I AM "ma-cool-it"!
For most of my life I’ve heard it said – I am funny. And for most of my life, I’ve wondered if people meant “I-say-something-funny-haha” or if I was just funny looking. I know of a friend who bursts into soft chuckles every single time she sees me about to visit her office area. And this happens even before we get to chat. Now, wouldn’t you be wondering the same thing (if you're funny looking) if the same thing happens to you?
And to say I’m talkative is so obvious and an understatement I’m not even going to talk about it.
Quite a few people who’ve read my blog posts think my posts are inspiring or touching or witty or amusing. I’ve nothing witty or inspiring to say to this…except I’m humbled by it.
Humble – now that’s one thing I’m not. (I guess you can tell from the way this post is going).
As I was mulling over this episode, it hit me that I haven't asked the one question that truly matters: "How does God see me?"
I may get the whole world to see me as cute and funny and inspiring but at the end of this life, it's how He sees me that matters. If He doesn't find my thoughts or words or actions cute, or if He's not pleased at how funny I am, or if He doesn't think I'm leading/guiding or inspiring people to move in His direction, if He's not smiling down at me, then how I see myself or what others think of me do not matter at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment