Thursday, October 6, 2011

children's quotes and thoughts

Kids (in general, not my kids- hehehe) are my stress relievers. They have a way of putting a smile on my face and sunshine on an otherwise gloomy day. Am sharing some of the funny quotes i've come across. Enjoy!
________________________________________


Aldrien (age 7) and Alekk (age 9) witty quips

While trying to open Cebu Pacific's site for its promo fares:
Alekk : Let's go to Japan! Japan! Japan!
Daddy Armand: Taiwan. We don't need a visa coz we have US visas.
Mommy Lisa: Singapore?
Aldrien: Let's go to McDonalds!
___________________________

While mommy Lisa was explaining analogies to 9-year old Alekk (tidy is to neat as right is to correct...), 7-year old Aldrien proudly butts in: "Oh, we're doing something like that in school! We're doing cinnamons!" (Uhhhh... anak, I think you mean synonyms.)
________________________________________

While reviewing for filipino exams:
Mommy Lisa: dalaga means a young lady who's not married.
Alekk : a virgin?
took me a while before i could reply: ummm... yes...sometimes....
________________________________________
While doing math problems...
Mommy Lisa: What does mas mura mean?
Aldrien: Cheaper!
Me: Good! Now what does mas mahal mean?
Aldrien: Hmmm.... more loving? (then proceeds to hug me!)
________________________________________
Aldrien & Roman numerals...
Lola: What's III?
Aldrien: Three!
Lola: VI?
Aldrien: Six!
Lola: XL?
Aldrien (after a short pause): Extra large?

_______________________________________

Children’s perspective –
On when should be your 1st kiss
Pam 6 – when they’re rich
Kurt 7 – the law says you have be 18 so I wouldn’t want to mess with that

On People in love
Brad 8 – people love just stare at each other and let the food get cold…other people care more about the food

How can you tell if two people are married?
Derrick 9 - You might have to guess based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids

How will you make the marriage work?
Roger 6- Don’t forget the wife’s name, that will mess it up

__________________________________________

Classroom question and answer

Teacher: Maria, go to the map and find North America.
Maria: Here it is
Teacher: Correct. Now class, who discovered America?
Class: Maria

Mom: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor:
John: You told me to do it without using tables

Teacher: Glenn, how do you spell “crocodile?”
Glenn: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L
Teacher: No, that’s wrong.
Glenn: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

Teacher: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
Donald: H I J K L M N O
Teacher: What are you talking about?
Donald: Yesterday you said it’s H to O

Teacher: Millie, give me a sentence starting with “I”
Millie: I is . . .
Teacher: No, Millie…always say, “I am…”
Millie: All right…”I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.”

______________________

Kids' quotes

"Never trust a dog to watch your food." -Patrick, age 10

"Never tell your Mom her diet's not working." -Michael, age 14

"Stay away from prunes." -Randy, age 9

"When your Mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair." -Taylia, age 11

"A puppy always has bad breath--even after eating a Tic-Tac." - Andrew, age 9



No comments:

Post a Comment