Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shoe-ba-da, Tiddy, etc.

Swiish...thud!

That must be what a flying shoe sounds like. During our high school homecoming finale number, while we were singing and dancing to the "
Sha ba da, pa pa rap pa ra pa ra...." in Leah Navarro's Ligaw Tingin song, a shoe flew...and it was caught on video! This "SHOE-ba-da" has become my favorite part of the program (well...second to my "front act" for Mercy's solo, of course)!

"Tiddy."
My almost two-year old niece, Isabel, calls Mr. Bean's teddy bear "Tiddy.". My sister corrects her, "Its Teddy." Isabel insists it's "Tiddy." And so they go "Teddy, anak!" "Tiddy!" "Teddy!" "Tiddyyyyy". Of course, "Tiddy" wins.

Isabel is fast learning to say what she wants. One time, her mom asked her if she wanted to go with us on a short to drive to Edsa Shangri-la. She said after careful consideration, "Iwan". As we were about to leave, she changed her mind, ran after us and squealed, "Wait me! Wait me! Wait meee!". Need I translate?

The "Shoe-ba-da", "Tiddy" and "Wait me" moments are just a few of the recent deposits I've made in my funny deposit account. I've got tons of funny deposits made and whenever I feel down and in need of cheering, I dig in and withdraw from this account to give me a lift and boost my spirits up.

My "Simple Joys" journal has also become a major deposit account. When I find myself wanting, when life's little challenges suddenly seem big and overwhelming, when I fear "L" knocking at my door ("L"oneliness)...I turn to my Simple Joys journal and go through my deposits and I'm transported to a land of blessings and smiles and laughter.

When problems seem to take over, I take a moment of prayer and look back on the many deposits in my funny and simple joys accounts. I am once again reminded that my problems are a pittance, that God has got my back covered, that I am infinitely and abundantly blessed...more blessed than I ever deserve to be.

Have you stocked up on your funny and simple joys accounts?

No comments:

Post a Comment