Usually, whenever I meet a guy for the first time, I try to meet him halfway and set the "date" on a neutral ground, if you will. I don't play coy and ask him to pick me up. I mean, I can walk, I can drive, or I can take the cab or the train to go anywhere. But I most certainly have not (at least I don't think so) gone over to a boy's place for a meet up.
But it was different this time. I was excited to meet this guy. I have heard only good things about him and I actually couldn't wait to see him. On THE day, I look at my watch every now and then to check if it was time to go and meet him. I fretfully anticipate and even tried imagining how it was going to be.
At last, I get to his place. I see him from across the room. He is soooo cute and looks adorable. And so very young. I feel old just looking at him. As I walk towards him, I feel myself age with every stride I make. He turns and I see a hint of a smile and I feel young once again. I stop just in front of him...tentative, unsure, afraid. I look at him for what seemed like an eternity but was really only minutes, maybe even just seconds. Against all better instincts, I grab hold of him and take him in my arms. And I smile! Awwww! This cute two-week old baby boy is going to turn heads and break some girls' hearts someday. For now, he is our bundle of joy and is the delight of everyone's hearts!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
girl meets boy
Labels:
amusing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment