I was going through my “Someday List”, ticking off adventures and misadventures I’ve started or completed. As I read this one to-do item on my list, it hit me on the pes that I had just done this and was ready to tick it off. I had written:
“Get a complete makeover (change everything, from your hair style, hair color, image, clothes) and get a different look: one which you would never have thought of trying!”
AND I DID!
I hadn’t even thought I’d be getting a makeover but that’s exactly what happened when make-up artists – yes, in plural form – tried revolutionizing my look during the office Christmas party.
The first artist, Stanley, a.k.a. Gwen, put on dark blue eye shadows that made me look a vampire from the coven in the Twilight series. He/she then put on the same dark shade to highlight the bridge on my nose. AS IF! Para tuloy akong ilong na tinubuan ng mukha! Then came the curls or messed-up-hair look that made me look like I was going to play li’l orphan Annie in a musicale!
To say I wasn’t happy with the look he/she gave me was, suffice it to say, an understatement.
Then came Vincent who was more suplada than Gwen. I found him/her putting on last touches on the already beautiful Jam, the VP’s Executive Assistant, and as I passed by them, he/she looked at me with incredulous eyes, probably wondering if I was going for the Lady Gaga look. Well, I did look like a “gaga” so I guess he/she wasn’t that far off the mark.
I asked Vincent if he could “remedy” my look and with his/her “I-can-do-anything” look, he said in a high-pitched, haughty voice, “Of course!”
So “remedy” my make-up he did…and the result? Well, he managed to make me look like a bading vampire! Glamorous maybe, but still a vampire and a bading at that!
I had to pay twice to look like a bading vampire when I could’ve done that myself with no effort at all! I was exasperated to say the least. Two, not just one, mind you, but two make-up artists worked on my pes. So let’s pes it – the problem’s not the make-up, it’s my pes! What a makeover it turned out!
But then, I thought to myself “Isn’t that exactly what I’m in the middle of right now? A life makeover?”
I had said “Yes” to My Father for a life makeover. Amidst the fears and questions and apprehensions, I found myself saying “yes” to a new life, a new job, new home, heck even new names - some in the office call me “Ann”, there are those who call me “Ma” and a limited few call me “Timmy”.
He created me and He most certainly can recreate me. And I know my Father, my life artist, will NEVER make me look less than a beautiful princess. But my past look, my past life, has been swathed with flaws and bruises and scars.
Let me tell you though the secret to a beautiful makeover….it starts with the right foundation. And that’s what my Father is doing right now in my “life makeover” – putting on a powerful foundation not just to cover up but to totally do away with my life’s flaws and scars and imperfections. But before I could get THE look deserving of a daughter of a King, before this life makeover gets completed, my pes, my life, would have to be cleaned up and washed away of the dirt I seem to have problems letting go of.
My Father, the King, isn’t done with me. And as I go through foul-ups (even in make-up), I will take courage and just trust that these foul-ups and struggles are exactly what I need for my life’s renovations.
No comments:
Post a Comment