Hola prenships! Or is it Jola in jejemon? I feel too old and tired for jejemon! But you, my prends, have assured me that one is never too old for kakerengkengan…well, at least the toned down and subtle variety anyway.
First of all, I would like to thank prenships who helped in my quest to join the world of kerengkengs. The response was surprisingly overwhelming. I didn’t know I needed that much help! Or that a lot of my prends have much to say on the matter. I really am such a late bloomer… in everything! (wink wink)
With the numerous replies I received, one common advice was ….smile more often! Do I really look that snotty? (not the nasal mucus kind but the slang lingo kind…as in snobbish) You know, I envy people with naturally smiling faces (or is it smiley faces?). It seems that they have a certain glow that draws people to them. I guess I simply am not one of them. I do try to put on a friendly face and a smile on but I feel like a mental retard with a smile on all the time! I don’t want to look more of an idiot than nature made me. And I feel like I’m developing face muscle cramps. But hey, if kakerengkengan starts with a smile…then smile away it is!
One friend commented for me to just continue with what I have started doing – wearing more girly outfits and shoes. It was then I realized that I have been (I guess subconsciously) for quite sometime making efforts to be more kerengkeng. One time, I attended a dinner party by the pool. The friends I went to the party with were wearing blouses and pants… I was wearing a kind of short-hemmed dress (for a tall girl it would have been a mini-dress or could even pass for a long blouse). They were all surprised and said, in not so many words, that I might just be a bit overdressed. I told them I didn’t care if all the guests were wearing pants or shorts or even bikinis…I WAS GOING TO THE PARTY IN MY DRESS!!! With matching cute wedge heeled sandals of course!
And speaking of shoes, just recently, I was in Edsa Shangrila strutting my butt down the halls of the mall and practicing my friendly smile when I realized another thing - kakerengkengan kills…the feet at least! As I was looking for the resto where I was to attend a dinner party, my smile was slowly turning into grimace. And it was because of these blasted heels! And the dinner was buffet! I have to walk to get food!?!
Kakerengkengan may kill my feet but heck, it’s proving to be fun! ‘til my next update….here’s a kerengkeng smile for you! c yah!
No comments:
Post a Comment