Hi prenships!
Prends have been commenting on my active status in facebook and in my e-mailing activities. Friends have been surprised at receiving quite chatty and sometimes downright OA e-mails. Some have called my e-mails as blogs (for the life of me, I don’t know what a blog means). One friend called them essays. I don’t know what these are called. I just thought I’d pen down my thoughts and share them to friends. I just thought I’d start talking to friends. And if you notice, I write the way I talk – long and non-stop!
I guess I should not be surprised at your being surprised (huh?). I know that for quite sometime (just after mom died), I have kept to myself and built a wall. So when friends…you…started receiving these e-mails, some actually wondered if something was up in my life. One asked if my lovelife was in full swing (I wish!). One wondered if I was high on something. Some expressed appreciation for the trust and confidence with these thoughts. One friend was actually concerned that I was undergoing some kind of depression and was reaching out to whoever. Awwww! That’s so sweet! Thank you! But no. I just thought it was time to tear down that wall. I guess it all started with my trip in Hawaii. I tell you, forgiveness is such a liberating experience. But mind you, I have not fully torn down the wall…but the bricks are slowly being chipped away. So please be patient with me. If you don’t hear from me for awhile or if I cannot go to a get-together or whatever shindig you have planned, I may just be in my “alone mood”. But if you don’t hear from me in two years, please panic (kidding!).
And if you are reading this email, or have read one of my recent emails, you are a friend and you helped and are helping chip down that wall. It doesn’t matter if my e-mails were just passed on or shared to you by a common friend, you have, in one way or another, touched my life. You have probably made me smile or laugh or think. Or you patiently listened to my long and boring stories or laughed at my corny jokes. Or you took time to read my e-mails (thank you for reading – hirap kaya mag-ingles!) …you are part of my life and I thank God for it….I thank God for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment