A couple of months ago, one of our travels for work took us to Iloilo for a seminar-workshop. There, I met some pretty awesome people who were nice and funny and had loads of stories to share. By the end of our dinner during our last day of the workshop, we were still pumped up. So they invited me out for a taste of the nightlife in Iloilo. Off we went to Smallville which was Iloilo's version of Libis' Eastwood.
The hangout place was smaller and less crowded but just like in Libis, it had bars and restos and cafes. But to my surprise, it did not have a Starbucks branch...nor anywhere else in Iloilo for that matter. They had, however, the Coffeebreak Cafe where we took our after dinner coffee and dessert. Aside from coffee, the cafe offered a variety of cakes and pastries but one cake stood out like a sore thumb...well its name at least. The cake was called "better than sex". Since I've never had a taste of the real thing, I thought I'd give this one a go and see how it fares.
It was moist rich chocolate cake covered with white frosting topped with choco bits and laced with caramel syrup (if i remember correctly). The looks of it was enough to keep me panting for a taste and I eagerly did. It was full of flavor and tender and sweet - but then again, I believe so is my "wrong" guy (wink!!). My new Ilonggo friends asked if it indeed was better that sex, I answered, "NO IDEA!!!" As far as chocolates go, I say I've had tastier finds. It wasn’t the mind-blowing, heart-pounding, out-of-this-world, earth-shattering (I would’ve mentioned orgasmic but I wouldn’t know that either) experience I had expected it would be. It rather seemed anti-climactic for me…no pun intended.
“IS THIS IT?” I wonder. If this is it…if this is supposed to be better…if this is better than what the people of all ages talk and blush and squirm about…if this is better than what men and women and the “confused” die and kill for, then I say all that hype about sex is overrated. Many friends have actually made graphic representations of what I'm missing. But if this is all IT…then I ain't missin' a thang, peeps!
You may find my position arguable...but who am I to argue? I know next to nothing about IT, remember? I think I'm better off not knowing what I'm missing...right?...right?
Maan! There used to be a hole-in-the-wall resto in katipunan called 'Gayuma'. A friend took me there for Mother's Day yeeeaaars ago. Their rich chocolate cake dessert is called 'Better Than Sex'. Love it! I know I posted it also in my blog pero.. naku po.. sobrang baul na if you check my archive. heheh!
ReplyDeletePS.. baka you just need to wipe the icing on someone hehe
Ito pala yung post. Simple lang..
ReplyDeletehttp://reiapaul.blogspot.com/2006/05/sunday-lunch.html