Ahhhhh….The SMC Chapel…a dwelling for worship; a tranquil place for prayer and meditation. And other bucketful of memories - first communion, holy masses, Sacrament of Penance, song practices, hours of prayers. We Stellans did all that in this chapel. And more actually… I remember dozing off here…sorry! Was I the only one? It was during those hours of prayers that we used to hold.
One time during those moments of silent prayers, I remember the teachers made us seat two people apart; so there were just three students seating per pew. We were too far apart for anyone to poke me or slap me in case you-know-what. Since I knew my tendency to nap (I wasn’t called MADI for nothing - Madi as in madikit-lang-ang-likod-tulog-na) I devised a strategy that would either keep me awake or keep the teacher from noticing me if I dozed off. I held my head real high and tight, almost tilting to the back while we said our prayers. I thought this would keep my head from falling forward in case I did fall asleep. It worked! My head didn’t fall forward as I dozed off. Instead, as I opened my eyes, I found myself looking up at the ceiling and a clean chandelier and asking myself how the nuns get to clean them. Oh well…I’m counting on God’s mercy to cut me some slack during such times (I am, after all, called Madi).
No comments:
Post a Comment