Who knew that two-year olds can be diplomatic with their answers...or refreshingly honest (but brutal). My niece, Isabel, can certainly be both.
One night, after a hearty dinner, Isabel's mom, Miles and Nana (yaya) were preparing Isabel for bed. Nana pointed to mommy Miles and asked Isabel: "Taba ba 'yan, Isabel?"
Isabel blurted out, "Taba!"
Mommy Miles looked at her with this "what-did-just-say?" look and Isabel hastily changed her answer and said, "Ay busog lang! Busog! Busoooog!" Good answer! Nice save! Diplomatic comeback!
They say kids don't lie... I sometimes wish they would.
One Saturday afternoon, I babysat Isabel as Mommy Miles and Daddy Ricky went out on a date and watched the musicale, "Next to Normal" (that's me...almost normal). Isabel slept most of the afternoon. Since she's a restless sleeper, I laid down beside her while reading a book. After a few hours of sleep, she rolled on her side, stretched a bit, rolled again on her other side, opened her eyes and came face to face, eye to eye with me. As I gave her my sweetest smile, she stared at me for some moments before declaring: "Pangit Ninang".
Awesome!
One night, after a hearty dinner, Isabel's mom, Miles and Nana (yaya) were preparing Isabel for bed. Nana pointed to mommy Miles and asked Isabel: "Taba ba 'yan, Isabel?"
Isabel blurted out, "Taba!"
Mommy Miles looked at her with this "what-did-just-say?" look and Isabel hastily changed her answer and said, "Ay busog lang! Busog! Busoooog!" Good answer! Nice save! Diplomatic comeback!
They say kids don't lie... I sometimes wish they would.
One Saturday afternoon, I babysat Isabel as Mommy Miles and Daddy Ricky went out on a date and watched the musicale, "Next to Normal" (that's me...almost normal). Isabel slept most of the afternoon. Since she's a restless sleeper, I laid down beside her while reading a book. After a few hours of sleep, she rolled on her side, stretched a bit, rolled again on her other side, opened her eyes and came face to face, eye to eye with me. As I gave her my sweetest smile, she stared at me for some moments before declaring: "Pangit Ninang".
Awesome!
hahahaha! ang cute naman! hehehe!
ReplyDelete