Monday, May 17, 2010

ang kerengkeng, bow!

I sent a shoutout (is that the right term?) on FB regarding flirtations. In it I asked, “at what age can single ladies still make kerengkeng?” I was trying to get a feel on the matter and as it turned out, many of my FB friends were encouraging – that is, encouraging me (and I suppose all single ladies as young as me) to make ‘kerengkeng’ RIGHT NOW! Although many were of the position that there is no age limit for single ladies to endeavor such…ahhh activity, it was deemed wise not to waste precious time lest one turns wrinkly and “kakerengkengan” becomes a nauseous experience for the onlookers.

I have always deemed myself as an artistic individual and I’ve ventured into various forms of arts – performance arts, fine arts, literary arts, the arts of singing and dancing and even a bit of culinary arts, – but I must admit I’m not so keen on the art of flirtation. I guess I don't have the talent (or is it skill) for it. During a discussion of sorts among friends, I was told that I lacked “kakerengkengan”, hence, the state of my love life…or lack of it. Well-meaning friends (and even those not-so-prenships – close tayo?) insist that I should learn and practice making “karengkengan”.

So, now that we have that settled (that I should be making “karengkeng”), the question I have for you now is how. I simply have no idea. This “karengkengan” stuff baffles me. Do I bat my eyelashes as if I just lost my contacts (and I don’t even wear contacts)? Do I wink at a guy until it looks like I have eye tics? Is putting my butt out effective or would it just make me look like I have scoliosis? Thrusting my breasts out? What breasts? And just so you know, stroking or toying with my hair doesn’t work for me – I look like an idiot! And don’t even think about suggesting that I lick my lips or touch my lips/teeth with my tongue – EWWW!

My more conservative friends gave me this piece of advice – “to simply be myself but to smile more”. But “being myself” does not work!!! If it did, we wouldn’t be having this conversation in the first place. And I’ve been smiling for so long, my cheeks hurt!

I do go out on dates and it can be exhausting (that doesn’t sound right – no subliminal meaning intended here). Maybe I’m just meant to be “friends” with all my dates (so showbiz!). Maybe I just have to accept the fact that I’m not the “kerengkeng” type…or maybe it’s my friends who need to accept this. Or maybe….just maybe, the right “kerengkeng” move can do the trick. So…any tricks?

P.S. I didn’t post this on fb and just limited it to prenships (and a few not-so-prenships who I think can help…hehehe ). Don't see this as a desperate ploy, i'm just following advice and exploring options (yeah, right!).

No comments:

Post a Comment