It's February! When my sister and I were younger, we were excited for February to come. We looked forward to February 14 - it was a day of celebration! Gifts! Food! Our date? Dad! February 14 was never Valentine's Day for us - it was our dad's birthday. To top it off, February 15 was mom's and dad's wedding anniversary. So there was much to celebrate.
Dad may be gone now but February 14 would always be a special day for me and my sister - a day for celebration...a day for prayer. May I make a small request? As you celebrate Valentine's, please whisper a short prayer for my dad. He would love that. He was a man of God, a man of prayer.
In celebration and remembrance of my dad and his birthday, I'm sharing once again my post, "Dad". Thank you for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment