Monday, February 14, 2011

my first Valentine

I’d like to share this short prayer I had Valentine's day. _________________________________________________

Lord, I know it’s been a long time since I wrote to You. I’m sorry. But I know you hear my prayers. Today though is special.


I’d like to thank You for this happy kinda sad feeling as I remember dad today, Valentine’s day. It’s his birthday too and had he been alive, this day would have been one great celebration. It still is something to celebrate and I do (celebrate it). Thank You for giving him to us albeit only a short time…but it was a wonderful, fun, funny, amazing time. He loved You and Mama Mary so much that he wouldn’t have allowed Miles and me to live life not knowing You and Your loving Mother. His love for You was the greatest gift he could have given us.


I miss him terribly! I miss mom and dad, it hurts! But knowing that they’re with You takes the heartache away and brings with it a certain kind of joy I simply have no words for. I know that they're with you - for how can they not be when they spent their lives on earth loving and living for You? They loved You…but You loved them first, and I smile at that, Lord.


Thank You for my very first Valentine – my dad. I will forever love and miss him! Embrace him for me, please?


No comments:

Post a Comment