This may be true because I remember this happening awhile back (see, I'm far from aging - I still remember some things).
A few weeks after giving birth to my niece, Isabel, my sister, Miles, was all weepy and so sensitive to the little quirks in her life. The littlest thing would get her upset or set her off crying.
So one time I went over to their house for a visit, I found her slumped on the bed, head bowed, her face tear-stained. I went over and sat beside her, put my arm around her and in my I-studied-Psychology-I-know-this-kind-of-stuff voice I said, "You're going through what's called postmortem depression."
Her sniffling immediately came to a stop. She looked up and gave me what seemed to be a look of wonder and I thought to myself, "Wow! I got her to stop feeling sad. I AM good!"
But what she said brought me down to earth with a thud, "Ate naman e! Pinatay mo na ko. Postpartum depression noh....hindi postmortem. Ano yun, autoposy?"
I guess that's why friends have stopped coming to me for advice - I keep "killing" them.
Was it even my memory that I lost here? Or was it my senses? Oh well...
Ano nga pangalan mo?
Her sniffling immediately came to a stop. She looked up and gave me what seemed to be a look of wonder and I thought to myself, "Wow! I got her to stop feeling sad. I AM good!"
But what she said brought me down to earth with a thud, "Ate naman e! Pinatay mo na ko. Postpartum depression noh....hindi postmortem. Ano yun, autoposy?"
I guess that's why friends have stopped coming to me for advice - I keep "killing" them.
Was it even my memory that I lost here? Or was it my senses? Oh well...
Ano nga pangalan mo?
No comments:
Post a Comment