My almost three-year old niece Isabel was playing with this musical-dancing-bump around bumblebee when the bee's noise and dancing stopped. We looked at Isabel to see what happened and mommy and ninang saw her holding what seemed to be a broken/chipped battery cover of the bumblebee.
We asked, "What happened, Isabel?"
Isabel answered, "It broke"
Mommy asked, "Who broke it? Isabel broke it?"
Isabel paused as if thinking, then said, "Only my foot!"
So hindi lahat fault ni Isabel, foot lang nya...ahhh!
________________________________________
Isabel, after eating chocolates from her trick-or-treat loot bags, hugged me and said, "You're my best friend, Ninang!"
"Awwww" I said, until I realized she wiped her chocolate-soiled hands on my shirt while she hugged me.
Bespren nga!
________________________________________
Isabel almost always wakes up with a smile on her face. Sometimes she'd smile and give a bear hug. One time, mommy Miles and me were watching over Isabel while she took her afternoon nap. When she woke up and found us with her, she smiled, hugged us and said, "Love you Mommy! Love you Ninang!"
Awww! Melted my heart!
Sometimes, though, she'd wake up, smile at her Mom or Dad and say, "SM!"
Shopaholic in the making!
_________________________________________
I call my sister's house the House of Affirmation and Positivity. Everyone and everything is affirmed or thanked for. You open a door, they say "thank you", pick up litter, "thank you", turn on/off light, "thank you". Food on the table, someone says "yummy. Thank you!". Isabel packing away her stuff, "Good job".
And this Isabel picked up early.
She loves coloring or drawing or painting. One time, after putting on paint on a drawing, she said, "Ninang, your turn."
After I've splashed some colors on a flower drawing, Isabel said, "That's lovely, Ninang! Great job!"
"Thank you, Isabel!"
One time, Isabel was singing nursery rhymes learned from her class at Little Gym. After finishing the new song from class, mommy clapped her hands, hooted and said, "Great job, Isabel! That was good! Real nice!"
And with a flip of one hand, Isabel said, "Awwww, shucks!"
Shucks? She didn't hear that from me, mommy!
______________________________________
One time, as I helped prepare Isabel for a bath, she gave me a slight hug and said, "Big tummy, Ninang!"
As her mommy Miles walked into the bathroom, I asked Isabel, "What about mommy's tummy? Is it big?"
Isabel took a moment to look at her mom with her 8-month preggy belly and said, "Mommy's tummy huge! It's like mountain!"
You got that right, Isabel!
___________________________________________
While mommy Miles was sorting through Isabel's toys to choose which ones to give away, Isabel looked around and said, "Mommy, look at the ness! It's nessy!
Mommy corrected her and said, "It's mess, anak! Messy! Not nessy"
Isabel insisted it's "Ness! Nessy!"
And so they went, "Anak, say mes-sy!" "Nessy!" "Messy!" "Nessy!" "Messy!"
_____________________________________
As dogs were featured in a show on Baby TV, Isabel suddenly stood up from where she was sitting and began singing (with matching sway of the body), "B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his NEMO!"
Isabel, it's "name-o". Naging fish tuloy si Bingo!
No comments:
Post a Comment