Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Awwww!

I had planned on spending my weekend at my sister’s at Valle Verde to play with my niece, Isabel. I was also scheduled to meet with friends for some tete-a-tete. But life happened and I was confined at home, in bed, sick, alone and bored. Boredom can be a dangerous state to be in. It brings into surface nasty thoughts. So for a full two minutes of that weekend, I gave in to boredom and some form of “pag-iinarte” as I lamented at how alone I was or how no one was fussing over me or that nobody cared enough to find out if I was dying – I mean I was coughing pretty heavily! (dying from coughs?) After that two minutes I told myself, “Arte mo!” And that stopped me dead. Well…not dead obviously but…oh you know what I mean.

I entertained myself by catching up on my reading. I’m quite a reader and I have an eclectic collection of books – inspirational, spy/suspense, detective, drama (is there such a thing?), chic novels and of course, romance. I decided on historical romance.

Towards the end of the novel, the Viscount was declaring his love for this Lady. His line went like this: “Please come with me…You don’t have to love me back. You don’t have to be mine. Just let me be yours.”

Awwww! Ang CHEEEEEZYYY!!! But truth be told, I want those words directed at me! I want that for me! I want cheezy! Maybe not those exact words (I don’t think there are cheezy men left in this world!), but something along that line! Is that too much to ask?

Then I looked up from my reading and it hit me....I already have that in my life! I have someone who loves me unconditionally and is always by my side no matter how badly I’ve turned out. He waits for me day and night (all day actually) for a conversation. He listens to my every need and has my best interest at heart. Even if I hurt or disappoint Him, even if I turn away from Him, He just keeps on loving me. In fact, He carried my cross and gave up His life for me…for all of us.

This thought did not just give me pause, it made my heart smile…. I have cheezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment