I took the MRT going to Makati to visit my sister who was confined at the Makati Med for her D&C procedure. Even at the middle of the day, the train was packed. Luck was with me, however, as I was able to get a seat without a problem even as all the riders scrambled to find their seats.
In the next stop, an elderly lady got in and was standing a few feet from where i was seated. I looked at the passengers in front of her but they seemed oblivious to (more like ignoring) her presence.
I was tired. I haven't had a decent sleep in 3 days. I was feeling down. I felt weak and dejected. The list of excuses for me not to give up my seat to her went on.
Then, like in many of my silent conversations with God, I heard a hint of a whisper, "I understand exactly how you feel. I was also tired once. I was wounded. My limbs were almost without strength. Life was beaten out of me. Yet I stood up and gave up not just my seat or place for you but my life."
As I offered the elderly lady my seat, I asked God to forgive me for the many many times when I felt that my wounds, my hurts, my struggles are far deeper than His wounds or greater than His love and mercy.
In the next stop, an elderly lady got in and was standing a few feet from where i was seated. I looked at the passengers in front of her but they seemed oblivious to (more like ignoring) her presence.
I was tired. I haven't had a decent sleep in 3 days. I was feeling down. I felt weak and dejected. The list of excuses for me not to give up my seat to her went on.
Then, like in many of my silent conversations with God, I heard a hint of a whisper, "I understand exactly how you feel. I was also tired once. I was wounded. My limbs were almost without strength. Life was beaten out of me. Yet I stood up and gave up not just my seat or place for you but my life."
As I offered the elderly lady my seat, I asked God to forgive me for the many many times when I felt that my wounds, my hurts, my struggles are far deeper than His wounds or greater than His love and mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment