Sunday, November 14, 2010

dream come true

Yes it did...my dream did come true!

No...my dream was not the impossible wishful thinking kind like "I wish I had Brad Pitt for a partner" (someone who looks like him would do, though) or "I wish I had billions of Pesosesoses" (or maybe just millions of pesoses). It was actually a dream or a vision of sorts that I had last week and it was of me reading during Holy Mass.

Our high school batch got together last Saturday for a general assembly, a Thanksgiving Mass and a salu-salo. During the assembly meeting, in preparation for the Holy Mass, Atty. Kristy asked volunteers to read the readings and the prayers for the Mass. As others enthusiastically volunteered to read, I kept still, looked away and hoped to go unnoticed. Why? Well, I was "testing" the dream. I wondered "Do dreams really come true? I mean literally?"

Atty. Kristy asked me (more like shoved the misalette in my face - kidding!) to read the Prayers of the Faithful. I took the misalette without a word but I wasn't done with my "testing." As other batchmates trickled in to attend the meeting, I kept handing the assignment over...each one refused.

After all the kaartehan, I ended up reading the prayers anyway and it was as I had dreamed/envisioned it to be. As I looked up in between the reading of the prayers, I saw Camille taking a photo of me. Since this "kodakan" was not in my dream, all I could think of at that moment was, "Oh no! I didn't put on any make-up!" (as if make-up would make a difference...I wish!)

In my prayers that night as I reflected on and asked what that dream-literally-coming-true event meant, I heard Him answer, "Trust that your dreams are coming true." And if that wasn't enough to convince me, the message for me posted on FB went like this, "All is going according to plan. Trust that there is a bigger picture. Trust that life is unfolding as it should."

My dreams and plans may not be God's plans for me...but I am letting go and letting God and trusting that His plans are far bigger and better than any dream or plan I could ever imagine. They may not come into being now but I trust that they will unfold...in God's perfect time!

No comments:

Post a Comment